Wave Lakeshore West
In 2006, we made FirstHome™ history in Etobicoke, this time with a high-rise condominium. Daniels partnered with the Federal and Provincial Governments in a unique public/private partnership to create an incredible downpayment assistance program. The dream became reality once again.
- Our first FirstHome™ high-rise condominium proved a huge success on opening weekend, when we offered 178 suites in a 13-storey condominium building, plus seven three-storey townhomes.
- A lot of it had to do with our custom Triple 5 downpayment assistance program we offered in partnership with the Federal and Provincial governments – another Daniels first!
- WAVE is the largest affordable homeownership project funded under the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing program, and it qualifying purchasers for CMHC’s 35-year mortgage amortization period.
- Daniels kept maintenance fees low by focusing on amenities that are used the most, such as an internet lounge and party room.
- By starting construction before going on sale, purchasers were able to move in much more quickly than they would have in a typical high-rise. And when it’s your first home, it’s hard to wait!
- Adding to the lifestyle appeal, residents can walk to shops, restaurants and the lake, and the fashionable Sherway Gardens shopping mall is just a short drive away.
- Many of the studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom plus den, and two-bedroom suite designs offered incredible lake views.
- The Etobicoke location at Lakeshore Boulevard and 12th street, just east of Islington, was a hit; purchasers were excited about living adjacent to Garnett Janes Park and only 15 minutes from downtown – and with TTC just outside the door.